Below we provide information about the security and privacy of the Tom's Garden Equipment web site. We want all our
customers to be confident using our site, particularly the use of personal information.
Tom's Garden Equipment is committed to ensuring the privacy of all our customers. All information is collected and
to the Tom's Garden Equipment web site and does not apply to the practices of companies that Tom's Garden Equipment does not own
or control, or to people that Tom's Garden Equipment does not employ or manage.
The Data Protection Principles
Anyone processing personal data must comply with the eight enforceable principles of good practice.
They say that data must be:
- fairly and lawfully processed
- processed for limited purposes
- adequate, relevant and not excessive
- not kept longer than necessary
- processed in accordance with the data subject's rights
- not transferred to countries without adequate protection.
Personal data covers both facts and opinions about the individual. It also includes information regarding
the intentions of the data controller towards the individual, although in some limited circumstances
exemptions will apply. With processing, the definition is far wider than before. For example, it
incorporates the concepts of 'obtaining', holding' and 'disclosing'.
Use of Personal Information
- We will never send unsolicited email and we will only send you information
about our services if requested by you to do so.
- We will not disclose information regarding our clients to third parties
unless the client has first given their consent.
- Information collected about the client is used only for the provision of
our services to the client. This information is not used for any other purpose.
- If you have any concerns about privacy matters please contact us at
other links within this site to other web sites are not covered by this policy.
we will not collect any information about you except that required for ensuring
a high level of service.
- Our system automatically collects your IP address. If you are connected
to the Internet you have one, for example it may look something like this
184.108.40.206. This information is stored in our database log and may be referred
to in case of any dispute.
You can review the Data Protection Principles at www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk